1/07/2011

A College Student's Anxiety


This happens far more often than you think.

Being the career-driven woman that I am, I'm always trying to think of ways to get more experience, work on my portfolio, etc etc. But some days are just more self-defeatist than others, especially when I think about internships.

I would LOVE one. But I hear all kinds of horror stories about 3 hours of sleep, made to make photocopies, and all that, ESPECIALLY if the positions are unpaid.

And lo and behold, every comic-related internship I find is unpaid. And editorial. And on the opposite side of the country.

And I love in a single-parent household and I'm barely able to afford my cell phone bill.

I'm not saying all this to make a pity party. I'm just stating how I feel about the whole debacle, and I hope other aspiring comic artists out there can at least understand where I'm coming from.

.....

On the other hand, I REALLY like this art style. It seems much more film-noir compared to my other work.

This year, I'm going to experiment a lot with the art in this comic, mostly because it's a journal comic, meant to let me express myself, and I don't want to be confined to one particular method. I want to play. :3

Also, I must do the obligatory pimping and say I HAVE A SKETCH BLOG! At last! You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment